Thursday, March 29, 2012

An Underbust Corset

I was quite inspired by the new corset pattern by King and Company. I decided that I wanted to make up a quick underbust to add to a basic deep green satin dress to make an old-fashioned Snow White costume for halloween. Guess what didn't happen?


I ordered the pattern in good time, and started making the mockup in domestic coutil. (Hey look, I finally made lacing panels, too. I'm pretty proud of those).



It turns out -- I ordered the wrong size pattern! Order by the waist size you want, not the one you have! Oops. So I set it aside and ordered the right pattern size.

Being lazy, I decided to make the second mockup out of the black coutil I'll be using as the strength layer for the actual finished product.


I sewed it up and tried it on (prior to adding any boning -- just to get a rough idea of fit).


Yeah, horribly lop-sided and crooked, just like my spine. :/
Several rather dramatic alterations later and it fits a bit better:


Now the next step will be to add boning and see how it looks at that point.

3 comments:

  1. My family members every time say that I am wasting my time here at web, except I know I am getting experience daily by reading thes fastidious content. gmail.com login

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear clarification of issues. It contains truly facts. Your website is very valuable. Thanks for sharing. body shaper

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's late finding this act. At least, it's a thing to be familiar with that there are such events exist. I agree with your Blog and I will be back to inspect it more in the future so please keep up your act. click here

    ReplyDelete